7 Quick Takes: Apps, Books, Sick Kids, and Pope Francis Tweets

Friday, September 19, 2014
1.) Does every family have that one child who always seems to be getting sick or hurt? Is it because he's the youngest, that my 15 month old has been to the dr. more than my other 2 kids combined....as in, it must be because he gets all the bad germs the older kids bring home, yes? This poor kid! There's always something! Yesterday morning he woke up with a fever, a swollen pinky which was determined to be infected, and a molar that's causing his gums to bleed. I really need to work on my "Remain Calm" skills when the kids get hurt or sick too...but it stresses me out so much. Help?! How do all you calm Mothers do it when your kids are sick and hurt? 

At the dr. today 


2.) With the release of the new iPhone 6 and IOS 8, I was wondering if there are any new apps out there worth downloading?!? Here's a screen shot of all my most used apps. I use Instagram, Vsco Films, and Spotify probably the most. I'm kinda embarrassed by this picture because I don't really have that many emails...majority of that is photography spam. Also, I am the worst at listening to voicemails!! Please tell me I'm not the only one. And lastly, I downloaded the "WhatsApp" but I really don't get why it's so great and I've never actually used it...anyone know and can fill me in?



3.) Started this book a few days ago and I'm getting together with a group of friends tonight to start discussing it. It's about different prayer methods and learning how to pray as a family in the home. I've also been reading The Red and The Black, but I think I'm going to put it down for a while and pick it up again in a few months.


4.) Speaking of books, our book club is going to read Kristin Lavransdatter next month and I'm SO excited! I hear about this book from friends all the time and have been wanting to read it for a while! Have you read it? Love it?



5.) I don't use twitter that often, but every time I do log-in, I love to read Pope Francis' tweets. They're just the best! A few days ago I came across this little section of an article that gave some interesting statistics and listed a bunch of his most shared tweets. Love!


6.) Dominic's hair has reached mullet status. And while I'm all for a little partying and a little business....he's going to get his first haircut this weekend. 


  7.)  I've recently started photographing past clients again, and this weekend I'll be photographing the very first family that ever hired me when we moved here 6 years ago! This will be my 7th time photographing their family and each times gets more and more special! I've watched their family grow since my friend Krysta was pregnant with her first baby...and now he's in kindergarden. Hopefully I'll post some previews here on the blog next week. 

Happy Weekend!! 



Linking up with Jen. Visit her blog to see more 7QT.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not really sure how, but I've reached the point in motherhood where as long as everyone's appendages are still intact, I don't freak out over injuries anymore. It's a good place to be. Oh, and to me, WhatsApp is awesome, because I have family in the UK. We can text for free since it's over WiFi vs. the data network, 4g 3g, whatever. I don't see how it's better than texting stateside, though :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I want to be like that!!! It seems like WhatsApp is really helpful for texting/communicating when you have friends/family oversees...I think I might delete it since I don't have anyone outside the US to text, lol.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your shoot! I haven't heard of the book you're reading for your book club, so I'm going to have to crawl out from under my rock ;) Sorry you have a sick baby - the worst! And voicemail...I'm so guilty of not ever listening to it - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Britt!! It's a Classic and I believe it was written in the 1930's. It's really 3 books in 1 and so we're just doing 1 book/part at a time. Our book club tries to pick novels that would be good for Catholic women to read and this is one of them :)

      Delete
  3. The thing I really like about Whatsapp is that it allows me to easily text my friends and family in Australia, I wished more people have it. It also allows for ease of sharing pics, and voicetexts. I also hate voicemails with a passion, I much prefer texts. I have mine linked with googlevoice, so i get all my voicemails transcribed and text/e-mailed to me. Its a great screening tool for phone calls. Then I can choose whether I need to listen to the VM or just delete. I can also listen to the VM on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg how have I not thought about doing that with googlevoice....that's brilliant! I need to have Ryan set that up for me!

      Delete
  4. Yes do it! It's totally changed my life, my VM box was always full and I never knew how to delete or skip if didn't want to listen to them... now I'm top of all my VMs even though I wished I didn't get any... also the nice thing is when your phone is dead or missing, you can still receive and reply to texts from your PC. Kinda a useful tool sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design