39/52: A Quick Thought about Friendships

Monday, September 29, 2014

I wish I had more time to write today but...you know...life and all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We definitely did! I think I've mentioned this before, but I spent the first 3-4 years in Sacramento feeling pretty isolated and sad that I didn't have any of the type of friends who you could have over on a whim, or where there aren't any topics of conversation off limits...it's easy, and we're part of each others daily lives. That's why, as I think back on this weekend, and see that it was filled with our closest friends, sharing meals together and laughing over sangria, I am so so grateful. I truly believed in those lonely years, that I would never find friends who we could share our lives with and raise our kids together....I'm so glad I was wrong.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that the best feeling ever? I've moved around a lot in the past few years, but I suddenly realized how many wonderful friends are in my life now and I'm SO grateful. Finding friends can be so so hard, but once you have 'em it's a fantastic thing.
    xox
    giedre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!! Glad you have friendships like that as well!!!

      Delete
  2. I woman in church yesterday came up to me and said to my 17 month old "don't forget to pray for their future spouses!" and I said, "I already do. And good friends too." The few friends we have that are so 'no subject is off limits' are far away, and when they visit it is a joy. But I know about the long hard years too, since we are slowly (3 years in) building up a new community. Thanks for sharing about your feast and famine times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so wise....I'm going to start praying that for my kids too! Thanks for your sweet comment!!

      Delete
  3. Such a gift! So glad you found that! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design