Five Favorites (vol 1)

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

To see more 5 Favorites, go visit Moxie Wife 

1. 
My friend Amy and her husband are amazing cooks!  I have learned a lot of great recipes from her including what I made for dinner tonight: Pork Tenderloin with a delicious fig butter/balsamic glaze sauce.  It only took about 30 minutes to make and it was delicious. First I followed THIS pork tenderloin recipe and while it was baking in the oven, I made the sauce.   Here is the recipe for the sauce (all ingredients came from Trader Joes): 1.) sauté shallots in butter/ghee 2.) Add 1/4 cup of balsamic glaze and 1/4 cup of fig butter to the saucepan (I used a small iron skillet). 3.) Bring to a simmer and cook until it is a consistency you like,  I let mine simmer on very low for about 20 minutes.  4.) Add to your pork tenderloin and serve.  SO good and SO easy!!  Thanks Amy! 


2.
I'm struggling with my 7 year old in the area of her picking up after herself. My favorite pinterest find-of-the-week has been this article on creating an accountability binder.  So far it's really helping her, and the free printables are really cute.  


3.
You are My Wild.  This is one of my favorite photography blogs!  It captures real-life-childhod SO well!!  If you love photography, grab a cup of coffee, and browse the blog.  

4.

I swear by Oscillo!   My 3 year old had the flu last week and it really helped.  So far, no one else in the family came down with it (please Lord, let no one else get it!!).  During the "flu-season" we all (except the baby) take oscillo once a week for prevention.  If you can begin taking it the moment you start to feel like you may be coming down with something, I swear it lessens the severity of the sickness. (disclaimer: I am not a dr, and these are merely my humble opinions).
5. 
My favorite Meme of the Week, which oh-so-accurately, describes the week thus far:



1 comment:

  1. I swear by Oscillio too! It's awesome :-)

    Also, LOVE that meme haha.

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design