7 Quick Takes

Friday, January 17, 2014


The Takes are going to be quick this week because I've got a sick little boy to take care of and an extremely messy house that I need to attempt to get presentable. Check out Jen's blog to see the 7 Quick Takes Link up.  

1.
I hate when my kids get sick!  They don't get sick all that often, but when they do, I worry more than I should.  Anyways, a couple months ago, I got this book which was written by a naturopathic dr, a medical dr, and a pediatric nurse and it lists conventional, homeopathic, and herbal treatments for common childhood sickness'.  It's been good for someone like me who needs to stay OFF the internet when researching the symptoms one of my children is experiencing...Dr. Google is not a friend to a hypochondriac like myself.  Learning aboutnatural treatments has been really fascinating and I hope to learn more in the future!  


2.

I think everyone of Facebook has taken the, What City Should You Actually Live In quiz, but in case you haven't heard of it, it's this silly little test where you answer a few short and easy questions to see what city best fits your personality!  Ryan and I both took it and we both got Paris.  I love the description it gave and feels pretty accurate for both of us:  


3.
 After about a month hiatus from the book I'm currently reading, I picked it up again this past week (I'm actually reading it with a few friends)!  It's a classic, but I had never heard of it before I started reading it.  It's A Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck.  I'm about halfway through and so far it's great!  Publicly putting my New Years Resolutions out on the internet has been good for accountability...I'm determined to finish 5 books this year!

4.
This past week I asked Ryan if he could snap a quick photo of me and the kids because the photo I currently have up on this blog is from 3 years ago (that was my first mistake, there is no such thing as a quick photo when you have 3 little kids).  Well, the "quick little photo-shoot" went just as you imagine it would when you have two overly tired boys who refused to nap, so it will probably be a while before I get an updated photo.  This sums up the photoshoot:

      

5.
I spent a lot of the past week writing down Dominic's birth story.  What is it about birth stories that are so fun to read...or is it just me?  Whenever one of my friends has a baby, I always want to hear about how the labor went and the details of how it all happened...maybe I missed my calling as a midwife!?  If you like reading those types of stories, I'm going to post it on my blog in a few days.  Here's a photo from his first week of life: 



6.
A friend emailed me this video yesterday and I thought it may come in handy one day soon (Thanks Sarah!).  A little trick for separating egg yokes and egg whites.  Now you know :)
  



7.
And lastly, I've been saying this prayer a lot lately.  I first heard it about 2 years ago, and it's been a favorite ever since.  It was written by St. Frances de Sales:

Do not look forward in fear to the changes in life; rather, look to them with full hope that as they arise, God, whose very own you are, will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand it, God will carry you in His arms. Do not fear what may happen tomorrow; the same understanding Father who cares for you today will take care of you then and every day. He will either shield you from suffering or will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

Amen.






2 comments:

  1. Kelli I am loving your blog! I am the same way when my kiddos are sick, nursing school only made me more of a hypochondriac. The Good Earth was one of my favorite books in high school and I had forgotten all about it. I will need to reread this as an adult. I too love birth stories. I have had June's written out since she was a week old, I just have not gotten around to editing the pictures. I look forward to reading Dominic's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel, thanks for the comment! Being a mom has made me SUCH a hypochondriac! I think I read on your blog that you make a lot on bone broths....well, I thought it was interesting that Luke is the only on who I can't get to drink it and he ended up sick!

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design